Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baking

I've been meaning to pick up baking for a while now.
 
Finally I made these muffins today.
  
I thought about making a cake for someone's birthday last week. But then I was just so swamped with my freelance stuff the weekend and I had to give up baking once again.   
  

Maybe it's really not meant for him.
 
Yesterday I managed to find an easy enough recipe for these apple muffins. The only problem was I couldn't find buttermilk in supermarkets.
  
"Dear Chef, Question - can I replace buttermilk with milk?"
  
"Probably yogurt, not milk."
  
In the end my substitute for buttermilk was 1 tablespoon of lemon juice added to the milk. It worked.
  
But I still couldn't share these with him. He's busy, as usual.
  
Well, doesn't matter. I'm sure my parents would love to have my homemade goodies. 

No comments: