Sunday, August 31, 2008

Recycling your clothes, it's possible !

I have a friend who always says "oh but you can wear them for ten years" whenever we remark on her extravagant shopping. I used to laugh at her lame excuse and said nobody does that nowadays. Just admit it, we aren't that environmental-conscious.


But the other day I found myself actually still wearing clothes I bought ages ago. A white, mid-length coat and a pencil skirt which I bought eleven years ago! But during most of those eleven years, I couldn't wear them as I had gained so much weight I couldn't even button / zip up. Yes, it was that serious. And for some mysterious reasons, I returned to the same size as before and am now able to wear some of my favourite old clothes. Time to dig out some hidden treasures in the wardrobe. I think there was another pencil skirt and chinos that can "come out" soon.


There is hope.


Although, I don't think I can give up shopping, yet. If I don't buy new things now, how can I save them for future ! ;p

1 comment:

Emerald in jade said...

Yea, why not? I would love to wear clothes that are older than my grandma. It's just whether I can fit them . Clothes are an ageless topic/cheer/medicine for women. I love clothes, new and old.