Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lazy sticky food

I was tempted to have pasta for dinner tonight, again. Not that I don't like pasta but I think I've had too much carbs lately. Also, my pasta repertoire is quite limited and I don't really want to eat the same thing again and again and again.

Obviously I wanted something easy to make. With the leftover honey from the cake I made earlier in the week and the lemons I bought (for salad dressing and as the fridge's odour-absorber), here's my lazy dish of the day.

Sticky lemon chicken
Ingredients
  • 2 pieces of chicken fillet
  • 1 lemon
  • 1.5 tbsp honey
  • Seasoning

Method
  1. Preheat oven (about 160C)
  2. Lightly brush oil on a baking dish
  3. Place chicken on the dish, season with salt and pepper 
  4. Bake for 6 minutes
  5. Meanwhile, cut two slices of lemon
  6. Take out the chicken, turn over and sprinkle with more seasoning. Put a slice of lemon on each of the fillet
  7. Drizzle with honey and then squeeze over the juice of the remaining lemon
  8. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through
  9. Serve with a salad or steamed veggies. Or, if you don't mind the extra work and extra carbs, you can have rice or potatoes. 



No comments: