Saturday, October 6, 2012

Birthday Pavlova

Haven't done much cooking lately. Too many excuses - work too late, tired, too many social gatherings, mom doesn't like me messing up HER kitchen, etc. In other words, simply can't be bothered. 

Well well well. It's mom's birthday today and so I should do something for her and she can't complaint about me messing her space. 

To be honest, I didn't really have time to plan anything. I knew I could always make tiramisu which I'm sure she likes but I do want to try something new. 

To boldly go then...

Raspberry ripple pavlova - recipe from BBC Good Food: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3224/raspberry-ripple-pavlova

It should look pristine white with whirls of red from the raspberry... But mine is like this:

I knew it's not working when that sweet but definitely burnt smell filled the flat half way through the baking. My meringue was out of control. It's brown (well, half burnt) outside but still soft inside. 

But I ran out of sugar and time. I just had to serve it. Mom was as lovely and loving as ever, she still said it tasted good. Dad was more honest though :p

Maybe I should make a tiramisu tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good daughter :)